Website Load Time
It is very common, and the usual fact that no person likes a website that is slow to load or takes much time in opening and performing any task. Thus, it is very important to build pages on a website in such a manner that it is easy for the page to load up, and the task performed is faster, making your visitors happier and back for more. Thus, we need some tools to analyze our page so that it can be identified how much time a page is taking to load. In case the page takes more time than required, then you can change its working to the extent that the load is reduced and optimized. For this, an effective tool is available in the market known as the Page Speed Checker tool.
Website Load Time can be termed as the measurement of how long a page takes to load its content. It is the time that it takes to load the content fully on the specified pages. It can be described as the page load time or as the first-byte time. Page speed is the time taken by the browser in receiving the first-byte information from the webserver. Page speed is very important for the better experience of the users. A page that takes longer Website Load Time adversely influences transformation. Page speed depends on factors like website designing, server hardware, and the connection of the data center. So, the more improved and higher quality website you build, the less time it will take to load and thus satisfy the users' needs. Though there are some reasons like the user’s connection speed and their location that can’t be controlled, other reasons can be controlled and taken care of.
Website Load Time?
As Website Load Time refers to the time that a page takes to load its content, it is important for both Google and for the users. To be more elaborate;
1. Website Load Time is part of SEO
According to the announcement made by Google in 2010, it stated that it would engulf the loading speed of a page in Google algorithm. Page speed is important for SEO s around the world. SEO server makes the best use of the content that loads faster. Google prefers page speed for the better user’s experience. The quicker your website will load, the user will stick to the site for a faster experience. The better the users' experience, the more will be your website’s ranking. Search engines, including Google, prefer fast ranking webpage. If your page speed is slow enough, it will get a reverse effect from the users, and thus the ranking of the page gets affected.
2. Fast Website Load Time improve the users' experience
Website Load Time is important for enhancing the user’s experience. Users prefer to surf those sites that load fast. If your website takes a too long time, the user will go out of the site. Let’s say that your website’s content is of high quality, but it takes too much time in loading, then users will not stick to your site. Having a quicker page loading speed means that the users can navigate through the different pages of your websites, thus increasing the number of page views of the single user. Through a faster page speed website, a customer can create his account on your site and thus see the offers available.
Thus a page speed improves ranking in the search engine, makes the users stay on your page, and generates more conversions.
How to improve Website Load Time?
Each and every website is different according to the structure and the content of the page. But here I am providing with some tips that can improve your page speed;
- File compression: Always use file compression to decrease the size of the file that is more than 150 bytes.
- Optimize the code: Page speed can be increased by optimizing code like removing commas, unnecessary characters, and spaces.
- Reduction of redirects: There should be a less number of redirects as it makes the users wait for the completion of the HTTP request-response cycle.
- Content distribution network: The content Distribution network is used to store your website’s copies at various, topographically differing data centers. This enables users to experience quicker and more dependable access to your website.
- Server response time: This is largely affected by the traffic amount you get, usage of each page resources, the software of your server, and your hosting server. 200ms should be the average server response time.
- Images: Optimize images without making any sacrifice with the quality of the image used. The use of PNG, JPG, or GIF images can result in reducing the image size according to your needs.
- Page speed test: Usage of page test can result in finding that script that results in the slowing of your website.
- WordPress: While working with WordPress, be sure that there are no Plugins installed that are unnecessary.
Website Load Time Test
As stated earlier, page speed is very important for the proper ranking of the webpage and also for optimal user’s experience. It is the test performed to know the speed of a website. It is better to test the website page and to know those scripts that result in the slow running of your webpage. You can make the necessary changes needed for those scripts that run slow. To know the page speed is essential for the smooth running of your website. You must be curious to know where to perform a page speed test. Allow me to tell you that there are a hundred sites that come with a special tool. You just need to enter the URL of your site. The test takes a couple of seconds to perform the test and gives your required result.
What is Website Load Time Tester?
Website Load Time testing is a free tool that helps in analyzing the speed of the website and its every page. With the help of this tool, you can get an idea of the performance of your website and can learn how to make the working of the website faster. It tells you whether the web page is fast or is it too slow or big.
Using Website Load Time is very easy, and the steps are very simple to be followed. Here is a clear description of how to use the tool to find out the speed of the web page. Go through the steps below:
- Firstly, open the tool.
- There you will see an empty box with a line ‘enter a URL.’ Type the URL of the website you want to check the page speed for.
- The final step is to confirm that you are a human and not any robot. So, complete the task of image verification correctly.
- Hit the submit button at the end.
After one or two seconds, the tool will show you the complete details about the speed of the web page with the time it is taking to open each and every entity over the page.
Why use PageSpeed Test Tool?
Using the Page Speed Checker tool is very useful as it helps to maintain the quality of the website. This tool counts up the time taken by each and every element individually and the sum up the total time loading time of the page.
Following are the elements for which the Page Speed Test counts the loading time:
- CSS Links - It displays the total time taken by each CSS Link to load.
- Image Links- It also calculates the total time taken by all the images to load.
- Other Resource Links- Calculation for time is done for other extra links as well.
The Page Speed Test is very effective in counting the loading time and gives accurate results. Thus, with the help of this tool, you can identify the timing, and the performance analysis can be easily done. Therefore, use this tool for the betterment of your website.