URL redirection is a very common term used in the websites and domains market. It is the concept of redirecting a webpage from one site address to some other address. In the process of redirection, when we try to open any URL in any browser then the page is switched to a page with different URL. The main purpose of the redirection can be the shortening of the URL or to have multiple domains for a same website or if you are renaming your company and need to change the domain name. There is one tool available to make this task very easy. The tool is none other than .htaccess Redirect Generator.
What is .htaccess Redirect Generator?
.htaccess Redirect Generator is a tool which is used for redirection of the URL from one specified address to another address. With the help of this tool, a URL mentioned in the browser is taken to some another page instead of the address being mentioned.
For example, whenever you will try to open Wikipedia.com or Wikipedia.net, you will be automatically redirected to Wikipedia.org. This is a perfect example of URL redirection.
How to use .htaccess Redirect Generator
.htaccess Redirect Generator is a tool which is very easy to use. The user interface of the tool is readable and easily understandable. You just need to go through the following steps to use the tool:
- Firstly, launch the .htaccess Redirect Generator tool.
- Then, you will see that initially it will ask for the type of redirection. Either you can choose the switching from www to non www or the switching from non www to www. Check the radio button according to your requirement.
- Then, enter your domain that you want to redirect from one location to another.
- Now, click on the button ‘get .htaccess code’.
- As soon as you will click on the button, a code will be generated in the box provided below.
- At last, you can directly copy the code that is being generated and paste it in the .htaccess file of yours.
This way in the future whenever you will open your domain, it will be automatically redirected to some other address.
Why use .htaccess Redirect Generator?
The .htaccess Redirect Generator tool is a very powerful tool used for redirection. It always provides you with the required results. The basic reason of the tool is that it helps in the shortening of the specified URLs. Also whenever the web pages are transferred from one location o another, it helps in prevention the problem of broken links.
Tips on using .htaccess Redirect Generator in a better way
Using .htaccess Redirect Generator is a very easy task. However you need to keep some points in mind. These are as follows:
- While entering the domain name, you need to mention only the name of the domain for example in www.abc.com you need to mention only google.com and not www.
- Also, do not write wrong domain name.
.htaccess Redirect Generator is a beneficial and highly recommendable tool. It provided multiple names for a single website to the user and thus helps in the promotion. Also from the security point of view, this tool has a great role. Thus, use it and take its benefits.