Code Compare Tool
Code Compare Tool is an online tool designed to find and compare the code diff that is located in the different lines with Inline or Side by Side results. Now we will discuss its integration to make you understand how it works and what does it take to compare and merge the far located files and folders. Code Compare Tool integrates with all the popular source control systems: TFS, SVN, Git, Mercurial, and Perforce. This code compare is shipped both as a standalone file diff tool and a visual studio extension. Code compare pro is another edition of the tool. It is a modified version of the previous one. Code Compare Tool pro edition of the tool adapted for comparing source code files. It identifies and locates changes in the respective codes concerning its structure. Code compares features three-way file merge tool that allows resolving version control merge conflicts.
- It provides you with detailed highlights of changes within lines.
- It gives back colored blocks for inserted, deleted, and modified texts and words separately.
- Collapsing of unchanged regions of text (it is a code compare pro feature).
- Point and click merging with a mouse.
- They help in editing files on the fly.
Comparing The Code:
- Comparison implements in code comparison based on the assumption that the left pane of the document area is holding a pre-version or earlier version, and the right one holds a later and modified version of the file.
- If there is a case of a three-way comparison, the third and the final one considered to be the output or the result, when the three ways comparison takes place in a conventional way, the left pane compared to the middle one, and then the middle one is compared to the right pane to produce the output finally.
- The file comparison window has two open files in the two panes mentioned above. The editor allows you to change any of the two panes. You will not need third party software to compare and merge versions.
Comparing lines content using the Online Code Compare Tool
Any standard comparison tool uses an algorithm based on a search for strictly equal strings. For this, such tools cannot determine the similarity between two lines if there is a little change in both lines. Where code compare tool detects the closely similar lines to provide a better comparison result.
Structural source code comparison
A structural code comparison is an approach that allows you to compare sources. They compare the codes through their signature and not by their location only. The Code Compare tool changes the codes into basic structural units, and then after comparing the similar lines, it moves to find the deleted or moved blocks of codes. Structural code comparison has the feature to detect the moved block and difference explorer. These features allow viewing differences in class structure and navigating through all of them.
- It will give you syntax highlighting for programming languages.
- Methods matched in a compared source code file.
- Similar lines of codes identified after refactoring.
- The moved blocks of codes are detected.
- It displays changes in the structure of codes.
- It allows collapsing and expanding regions of codes.
The languages that allow Structural comparison:
The following languages support the structural comparison:
- Visual basic
- Java Script
- much more.
Visual Studio Integration:
- The Native Visual studio extension allows us to integrate smoothly.
- Visual studio 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017 supported.
- Choose to use standalone as well as integrated code to compare on the fly
- Atmel studio 6.0 and 6.1 supported.
Code review support
- Adds code review comment when the tool compares source revision
- To see added review comments
- Highlight the code region with viewed comment
- Teamwork is more beneficial than a solo developer
- Three comparison panes
- Integrates with the version control system
- Merging portions highlighted
- Non-conflicting changes merged on its own
So here is a free tool to check the files’ originality and lots of other features.