Simple TIps to Avoid Plagiarism
In this current age of accessing the majority of information with the internet, there are many ‘doppelganger’ websites of the originals we get to witness. The sole purpose of their existence is to copy the content from popular sites and live-off their research and confuse people about the originality of the website. Just because of this kind of webmasters polluting the beautiful World Wide Web, some good Samaritans have developed tools to keep in check and combat plagiarism on the web.
What is plagiarism and How to Avoid it?
Plagiarism mean is a practice of stealing someone else’s content and re-publishing it on your sites marking them as your own. It is referred to as ‘literary theft.’ It is an offense since the original ideas of a person consider as their intellectual property and are protected by copyright laws and can get you involved in copyright infringement, make you pay penalties for the damages you cause to the source site, and to their reputation.
All the practices mentioned below are considered as plagiarism and can get you in trouble:
- Copying someone else’s content and presenting as your own.
- Copying phrases or excerpts from other websites and publishing on your website without giving proper credits.
- They were giving incorrect quotations about the source of the article.
- Spinning the original content, also referred to as changing the synonyms of the article and keeping the structure similar otherwise.
- They are using the image, video, or any online property of anyone without their prior written permission.
The most common type of plagiarism is copying and pasting content from other websites to your site and how you can avoid plagiarism?.
Plagiarism can be avoided by:
Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided by citing the source from where you copied the article and published it on your site. It helps the source site get acknowledged and gain some new visitors with your site. So it’s a win-win situation for both of you. If you have been pasting other’s images, then make sure you give proper credits either by linking the image to the website, mentioning their URL in a caption, or mentioning the website at the bottom of the article.
Tips to avoid plagiarism:
As we said above, there are many tools with which you can check and combat plagiarism and make contact with sites that have copied your content for requesting a takedown. Here are the tips to avoid plagiarism:
- Enter the URL or upload the content that you want to check.
- Fill in the simple captcha. It is in place to keep bots and scripts from crashing our servers with too many requests.
- Click on the “Check Plagiarism” button for the tool to show the results.
What this Plagiarism Checker Free Online does is check the sentences of the article uploaded or entered one by one on the search engines, to determines whether you have been delivered a plagiarized content in the form of unique content by your writers or whether somebody else online has copied your hard work without giving proper credits.
Leave a Comment